Jubilee clips

Where can I buy jubilee clips? Searching on screwfix or b&q's sites reveals no matches for the word jubilee. :(

Reply to
xenelk

Neil Jones

'Jubilee' is a trade name. Try worm drive clips.

If you want them 'now', Halfords sell them in most of the common sizes. Their boxes of 10 or so are reasonable value.

Or any decent car accessory shop.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yep I do, if possible.

Thanks.

Reply to
xenelk

The B&Q website search is utter utter utter crap, so I'm not surprised you can't find Jubilee clips, though that is a brand name rather than a generic one.

B&Q certainly do stock them, as do motor spares outlets such as big H and many many more.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

But, becareful you don't get the chinese ones which are b***dy awful.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

In message , xenelk writes

Don't you have a car accessory or hardware shop near you?

Reply to
raden

You tell 'em Maxie!

Reply to
IMM

Try looking for "hose clips" instead.

Reply to
Angus Marshall

I believe they got their name after being used for temporary repair on Her majesty the Queen's Bentley's exhaust pipe during a very tight appearance schedule in 1977!

Reply to
Pet

Nah! They were called Jubilee Clips when I was a lad - which was *long* before 1977!

Reply to
Set Square

Yes, Queens Bentley my arse.

Hey, it needs a real wanker to believe that one!

Reply to
PJ

They're more commonly known as Hose Clips.

Reply to
PJ

If it was, I suspect it would have been more likely the Kings jubilee of

1937 !...
Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Aye, youth of today, guess they think 1977 is ancient history. We had colour telly, video games, calculators and mobile phones then all the trappings of "modern" youth.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

They were actually named after those triangular orange drinks which you could freeze. The same company made both the drinks and the hose clips. In fact they came off the same machine. They even had the same ingredients but were processed differently to make either product. Quite amazing really to think that hose clips are actually manufactured from orange squash.

(((Just thought I'd post a really pathetic explanation because there seems to be a competition in this group to see who can come up with the most crap idea's.)))

Reply to
PJ

... but they're Jubbly Clips aren't they?

:-)

Reply to
usenet

"Pet" wrote | I believe they got their name after being used for temporary repair | on Her majesty the Queen's Bentley's exhaust pipe during a very | tight appearance schedule in 1977!

So who was Terry and for what original purpose did he invent his clip?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Keeping chocolate oranges together, prior to consumption...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nope, can't evr recall seeing "Tip-Top" clips!

Reply to
Pet