Jollyfil water level too high

I posted about this problem a few months ago, where the water level in the cistern was filling up above where it should stop, and then overflowing into the toilet. At that time it seemed to have sorted itself out and went back to normal.

Now this time it has been overflowing for about 4 days and has not shown any signs of stopping.

I followed the destructions from this manual:

It is the second problem down the list on the left hand side. I have adjusted the vertical bar up as far as it will go so the the float goes high up, and then down so the the float hardly moves or lifts.

The water level is still overflowing and now I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Reply to
Bob H

Put the troubleshooting list down...

If you manually lift the arm up, does the water stop coming in?

If not, then the problem's the stop valve itself, not the float.

Reply to
Adrian

It makes no difference wether I lift the arm up or move it down. Is that the top arm which connect to the red spindle which connects to the float?

Which is the said stop valve, whereabouts should I be looking for it.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

You report that the water level is too high, and you have attempted to correct this by adjusting the float, which has not cured the problem.

I think you need to move on to

"THE INLET VALVE DOES NOT SHUTS OFF OR SHUTS OFF VERY SLOWLY"

Try the actions under that heading.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I can't see inside your cistern from here, unfortunately.

The stop valve is the valve that stops the water. There'll be some kind of a link or push-button action that the arm should operate as it rises. That should close off the water flowing in. There's almost certainly some grit or a torn/worn washer inside there.

Reply to
Adrian

I suggest your problem is the fifth one, not the second.

Reply to
Dave W

I unscrewed the nut on the top of the grey pipe and found a small piece of red coloured plastic sitting in the base, as well as the diaphram having some crud around the inside of it.

After cleaning it out and putting the pieces back together, it now fills to just below the line, which we are happy with.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

I have sorted it now, see my post above.

Reply to
Bob H

If you examine the diaphragm, you will find there are two holes in it. The non central one will be blocked. NB it is very tiny, easy to overlook.

Reply to
harryagain

Thanks for that, I'll have another look but it does work ok now and not overflow.

Reply to
Bob H