Joining copper pipes without connectors?

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

takes you to a picture of a thing for doing a g***se to a pipe.

Reply to
Guy King

from the berk who wanted to use a brake pipe flaring tool to save 4p on a straight coupler LOL come back whet you've done a few houses up and I'll tell you all about value ;-)

Reply to
.

No idea. I'm browsing google during my idle moments at work.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Sorry, should have said no idea about the ISP, browser is IE6

Also should add in response to someone else that other tinyurls are OK.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Whatever makes you think I wanted to use it? Fantasy to the rescue eh?

Thanks very much. Feel free to educate me anytime.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

scratch the last reply, well, the bit about the OP and the brake pipe flaring kit. you'll have to excuse me, v. late nights, v. early mornings plastering in one room & painting in another, running one business and organising the startup of a LTD company .. I dont really have time to get into arguments with snipers like you.

Reply to
.

It's all of little consequence. The only reason I'm posting here is because I'm not currently busy. If I had anything of any significance to do right now, I'd be doing it.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Well, just pipe down, then.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

you have a life. you have downtime and you're snping on usnet ?

go out, there's a whole world out there.

Reply to
.

So do the folks on death row. It's quality that matters.

The only sniping I do is on eBay. I recently bought a water heated chrome towel rail using this method. Wish I hadn't though, it's got dents in it. I'm going to have to unsolder the joints to rotate the bottom rail and put the dents to the back.

I can't think of a better reason for staying in. Still, it's a good job we're not all the same eh?

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Yes, I find this helps. I usually try to limit it to evenings though.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Nothing wrong with that link, it's your end that needs sorting.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

Google uk.d-i-y archive is at
NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

That's a bit personal.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

It's nothing to do with DNS, but rather Angelfire's monitoring of the HTTP referrer to try and stop images they host being used on other people's websites. In this case it appears to be a bit flaky.

For those affected try copy-and-pasting

into a new browser window (i.e. don't click the link) hence no referrer will be sent.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I think it's at Angelfire's end. They're sulking 'cos I'm using Google.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Copy-and-paste the link into a new window and you'll be fine.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Copy-and-paste the link into a new window and you'll be fine.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Nope! it was inacessible at the time of it being posted.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Copy-and-paste the link into a new window and you'll be fine.

I did test this earlier from Google on another Windows PC and it worked ok. so Id be really interested to know if C+P works for you, and if so are you using Norton firewall.

Reply to
Mark