Joining cooker cables

Ye gods, that's 48+ amps by itself. Even with "diversity" (not everything on full at the same time), I'm not sure I would share this cable with anything else.

Neither likely to be beyond 13A, I would have thought. You could connect these to the main kitchen ring, depending on what else is on it (is your CU really completely full - if not, run another circuit for these two alone). Every appliance should have a rating sticker on it somewhere. I did find Neff's uk web site singularly unhelpful, though.

Reply to
John Laird

It was between 2 and 3kW, less than 13A, hence my post.

Reply to
MBQ

Well for an option that goes to the opposite end of the scale, why not use a 100 amp incomer in a proper enclouser? plenty of room in there.not very visually pleasing but could tuck it away in the back of a cupboard somewhere. Or take it a step further,and waiting for this to be shot down but was just a thought that came into my head :) the bees knees option use a shower/small consumer unit 40/50 amp mcb for cooker/hob 5/10 amp mcb for microwave/grill then cable for grill microwave could safely be run in a smaller sized cable.

a four module din rail enclouser, 100 amp incomer, cpl of blanking plates cost about 10/12 pounds

Reply to
steve

Hopefully - all I need is for it to arrive but that's another story ! :-(

Reply to
G&M

Good point. Not likely to actually use more than say 7.2 kW at a time but I suppose it could happen if all five 2. 4 kW elements on half way came on together.

I'm quite likely to use both at same time for short periods so it would only take wife to want a cup of coffee to overload the ring. CUs (2 * 8 way - it's a big farmhouse plus outbuildings) are full but I'll look at rejigging things to free up an extra one for the ovens.

Reply to
G&M

On 27 Apr 2004 04:06:10 -0700, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MBQ) strung together this:

Few is 5, between 2 and 3 isn't a few, not that it's _that_ important mind!

Reply to
Lurch

On 27 Apr 2004 06:45:02 -0700, in uk.d-i-y steve_ snipped-for-privacy@lycos.co.uk (steve) strung together this:

I was thinking something like that, depending on the ratings it could be wired into the mains incomer at the meter end rather than the kitchen if needs be.

Reply to
Lurch

Single is ONE, couple is TWO and a few is THREE. 3kW =~ 13A.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:30:21 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" strung together this:

Several is THREE, few is FIVE. 5kW =~20A.

Reply to
Lurch

defines several as:-

"Being of a number more than two or three but not many."

and defines few as:-

"Being more than one but indefinitely small in number."

HTH

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks

I couldn't have put it better myself :-)

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

Have you tried a cooker connection unit (as opposed to switch/control point) ?

Reply to
John Armstrong

Got one of these but impossible to get three wires in. Eventually got one of the 60A cable boxes from TLC that somebody else suggested and it worked fine.

Thanks to everybody for your help

Reply to
G&M