JG layflat pipe

Has anyone used this? Does it?

My last experience of plastic pipe was some wretched Flo-Plast stuff that was like wrestling an anaconda.

Reply to
mike

I have very limited experience (if we're talking about the same thing? lay flat hose I call it): I bought a "dirty water" pump a couple of years ago for when i want to do things like empty rain butts quickly, or (heaven forfend) for a bit of flood protection.

The pump's fantastic. The lay-flat hose (pipe?) does exactly that. But it doesn't go round sharp corners. When I first used it I had it all laid out round the side of the house .... switched the pump on ... hose instantly tried to straighten itself, and when it couldn't (because of the bend) it kinked, and blocked itself. Another anaconda experience, actually.

I now use 25mm industrial hose, (which is bloody expensive!) for emptying the butts. However if I ever wanted to empty a flood, *and had a straight run to the egress*, the lay-flat would be my preference.

hth John

Reply to
Another John

Thanks John but what I meant was:

mike

It does prefer straight runs but can do corners. I think you have to have it flat then stand it on edge and back to flat without a twist as you lay it out. Talk to a fireman, all their main hoses(*) are lay flat. Those hoses take two blokes to hold onto when really going to avoid "anaconda moments".

(*) Not the little hose reel, the 3" or so inflated dia hoses.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Its not that sort of lay flat.. its just a more flexible plastic pipe that doesn't try and curl up all the time.

Reply to
dennis