JESUS

The message from geraldthehamster contains these words:

__ __ __ _ | | / \ | | | | | |__ | () | | |__ |_| |_____| \__/ |_____| (_)

Reply to
Anne Jackson

Christians tend to let all the facts blow past. Just about every site of Christian worship of any antiquity has been created by taking over a pre-existing religious site or shrine. There are even references to the process in their own holy book, such as Paul attempting to take over the shrine of Diana at Ephesus in the name of his new religion.

In the UK, the very first churches were deliberately built on top of existing temples.

And almost every religious festival celebrated by the various churches (Christmas, Easter, All Souls etc) are simply inherited pre-Christian festivals. If they can stand to face it, their most significant observance, Easter, is a combination of the Jewish Passover with the north European Oestre.

Still if anyone objected in the past to this takeover the Christians could always impale them on stakes, stone them to death, flay them alive, burn them at the stake and so on in their attempts to get their religion of harmony and brotherly love accepted by all

Reply to
Steve Firth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com saying something like:

I have never questioned the existence of the Holy Mickey.

Yup, 10-4 old fruit. The bastard is a Mouseist.

Blessing of the Walt be upon ye.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Mary Fisher" saying something like:

Priceless. Pagans, I think, are the ones who should be offended at having their festivals hijacked by the christians.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yea, but after a few centuries of being burnt at the stake, they learnt to keep their mouths shut.

Now if only public proselytizing of *any* religion was punishable by that, we could all have some peace..;-)

Anyone who thinks its a crime to have an abortion,. should be forced to foster all the unwanted children

Anyone who thinks that a martyr's death takes them straight to heaven, should be instantly crucified.

Anyone who believes in miracles should be dropped out of a plane at

10,000 feet without a parachute.

Then let Darwin take his course..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OK. Anybody got any suggestions how to go about building a cross?

Reply to
John Stumbles

There's one that is the simplicity of true DIY on a church at the Oval, South London. Just two suitable size crossed fluorescent fittings.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Can you be more specific? Are you proposing to build in steel or timber? Is it to be load-bearing? Have any of your neighbours' applications for crosses been approved?

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

and will you be able to see my house from it?

mark

Reply to
Mark

I'll get me coat...........

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is your name Peter?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Nah..you can definitely stay. That was rottenly funny.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Like this?

Andrew Gabriel

I'm sure The Nazareth Handyman (tm) would do the job properly

Reply to
John Stumbles

Reply to
John Stumbles

Just so long as he doesn't advertise the fact.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

As someone said: "in a world without religion, good people would do good and evil people would do evil. but for good people to do evil, that takes religion".

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

What have you never seen the cartoon ?