jammed double glazing lock

One of my double glazed windows won't unlock. They key has stopped engaging the lock and I cant get it open. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Russell

Reply to
Russ

wd40 into the keyhole and then gently move key in and out until free

Dave

Reply to
dave

Tkanks Dave - the key isn't stuck - when I turn it in the lock it doesn't engage and therefore unlock. Any ideas?

Reply to
Russ

What Dave said - wiggle a bit from side to side too. The most likely cause of your problem is that the pins/plates have gummed up or corroded so they no longer slide freely. The WD40 should help to free them up, and wiggling the key helps to work the WD40 into the mechanism.

Reply to
Rob Morley