Italian made

Just a note for the procurement department. I have a 'Zilmet' Italian made *potable water* 25 litre expansion tank that has been in use for four years, and is full of rust, including fair-sized rust flakes. Our water is from the mains and somewhat soft but nothing out of the ordinary.

So I know what not to buy. Anyone any recommendations?

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Check the pH of the water. Is the tank being fed from a local authourity supply or are you pumping from a well?

If you want to keep using the tank bung some phosphoric acid into it. Your local waterworks should be doing it anyway if they are feeding any older properties.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Oxygen produces rust, low pH strips away the initial film enabling the O2 to act with vigour.

The initial film of phosphate coats the surface, it is more difficult to remove, so further oxidation is prevented. Many Morris Marina owners would dispute this, but a none Leyland driver would be fully aware of the benefits.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Probably unsuitable for it's application. Ie one intended for CH system rather than hot water system

Reply to
harry

CH water isn't potable.

The replacement depends on the pump. Generally a centrifugal pump has no need of one, just stick a relief valve back to the suction.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Wrote in message: