ISP opinions please

In message , tim..... writes

Presumably a third of the way through a limit of 100GB, at half way through the month.

We have Zen with a 500GB monthly limit and, with a 14 year old in the house, usually use 400GB a month.

Reply to
News

And if it's an intermittent fault, they'll keep resetting the clock, so you keep having to wait 3 days. Until after the third time round this loop, you email the CEO in an incoherent rage, then someone from the Office of the Chariman calls you within 45 minutes and it gets properly fixed before 09:00 the following morning.

Reply to
Huge

The Sales dweeb told me I couldn't have TotalCare on a domestic line. I had to quote his own Terms & Conditions at him.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , tim..... escribió:

The month to which the download stats apply.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , News escribió:

No, a third of the way through the month (6 Nov to 5 Dec). And it's unlimited* - this is Plusnet. I should have made that clearer, sorry.

  • ok, "unlimited until we say otherwise" :)
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

That explains it, then.

Right - mine was a few years ago now.

No different from having something delivered?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

A&A won't let BT close a fault (or if they do it'll get reopened) until they get confirmation from their customer that the fault really has been cleared.

B-) Been down that road as well but it still took weeks and a long period of disconnection of the number to cease Business ISDN line and move the now free base number to an in service Residential POTs line (effectively just a number change on that POTS line).

There appeared to be no mechanisium, formal or informal, for BT Business to cease the ISDN thus releasing the number contact BT Residential and say the numbers available for them to pick up.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Never had that. It's normally "OK Line test shows a fault, please hold" or similar, couple of minutes "engineer will be there after will there be some one at the premises?"

One snag with Total Care is you *have* to go via Banaglore, the online fault reporting system won't accept the report. When I had a BT Business ISDN the online system was great, report a fault, about

30 mins later get a call from the local dispatcher(*) to confirm details, normally "little green light no lit".

(*) Judging by accent and understanding of how the phone system works, certainly not a script following call center person.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just checking :-)

So I tried again today and it does show my usage

it has certainly refused to do that in the past (more than once)

thanks

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I've dug about on the A&A site and what little I have found is more inline with BT's Prompt Care. ie fixed by end of end of the next working day, which ends at 23:59. Sundays and Bank Holidays are not working days, Saturday is. £1.05/month inc VAT residential PSTN, included with Business PSTN.

Total Care is "within 24 hours of the fault being reported", it still a daytime fix (0700-2100 M-F working days, 0800-1800 all other days) so rpeorting a fault at 2300 won't have an engineer knocking on the door at 0300 but could have one there at 0700 Christmas Day. £4.00/month inc VAT residential PSTN, £4.92 inc VAT Business PSTN.

If you can find something that really indicates Total Care I'd be interested, even though I'm not likely to move as I still want POTS to backup the VOIP and mobile.

T&C's for a residential line:

QoS Para 8.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Total care?

Apart from the accent and having to follow the script (have you unplugged extentions, have you tried a known working phone, etc and agreed that NFF = £100+ bill, it's not that painful. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

A&A don't deal with POTS faults.

Reply to
Huge

I see where you are coming from but if there is a POTS fault that is buggering the ADSL and not POTS they do...

I've had local end problems a couple of times that have had naff all effect on POTs but messed up the ADSL. Currently in that state ATM, line not rock solid, sync rates variable and lower than normal but, unfortunately, not below the FTR.

More often than not something affeccting the broadband is not the local end but either a core network problem in BT, (Oh f. and ESR has died, half of Scotland and Northern England is off line) or the fibre betwixt the exchange and Hexham is playing silly beggers again.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reselling TalkTalk might have been embarrassing recently.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

No, I meant in terms of charging.

Reply to
Chris French

They resell TalkTalk wholesale, so not quite the same.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Item in the paper this weekend recommended looking at the minor ISPs as well as the "Big 4" (Sky, Talk Talk, Virgin and BT), the minors included Zen and A&A discussed further down the thread but also one that I had never heard of - Fuel Broadband

don't know if anyone has any experience of them?

Reply to
Chris B

Quick update:

I emailed (via the website) a question about TT-LLU and could they migrate etc.

Got a call this morning from Zen answering that question and the guy was able to confidently answer my other questions, (some I knew the answer to or could work out).

No pressure, just a real human from England with a displayed number that related to who he was phoning from.

Promised to email details - which he did.

Think they may have a new customer.

Regards

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

Yes, i suppose the occupied territories of old Lancashire can be called England;-)....

Go with them, you won't regret it!.

Reply to
tony sayer

That confirms my experience of them, nothing too much trouble.

You won't regret it.

Reply to
Davey