Is there anything left in Maplins?

Where I've seen those type, they seem to hold small bagged items (such as BNC/SMA/F connectors, not sure what else) they do have individual components in bigger drawers/dividers behind the counter at the back.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Khans father was a bus driver. And he's full of pie in the sky nonsense. Have you personally travelled on a London Bus recently ? Basically they're now targetted at idiots who instantly forget what bus they got on, immediately they board and have to be reminded at every stop with loudspeaker announcements at full volume. That''s if you're lucky enough to travel when the bus isn't full of schoolkids.

Personally I'd rather crawl on my hands and knees in the rain rather than have to travel regularly on buses. So quite why Khan expects people who are expected to pay upwards of 500k for a flat to do so, is rather beyond me.

The tube is hardly any better although passenger numbers have fallen this year apparently, although not during rush hours from what I can see.

michael adams

michael adams

It possibly already is in some areas if figures for sales and completions are anything to go by. With plenty yet to finish construction and fitting out.

Indeed. But it seems the land simply isn't available certainly in most of Greater London without a govt initiative of some sort. As much of what is available is devoid of transport links or infrastructure of any kind and so will require hefty subsidies.

michael adams

michael adams

These were behind the component counter. There are still some there, but others are now in the shop "buy the whole drawer unit and what's in it." They have listed what's in it, but as a bundle where you might use 1% of the contents, they were way too expensive. If they had been Racco Professional drawer units, I would have bought partly for those (I use them a lot at home), but they weren't - I didn't recognise the style.

The Reading branch had already moved those components into large drawer units in the store so you didn't need to ask staff (a bit like Tandy/RadioShack used to do).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In the Saltmarket? Memories.... 50 years or so ago, wandering around RME, saucer in hand, on a Saturday afternoon.

Reply to
John J Armstrong

There is also a problem that people may want jobs close to where they live. Around my way there is a lot of house building or converting tower blocks to 1,2 or 3 bedroom apartments. However, one of the larger new housing developments is on a former large industrial estate that was flattened and the tower blocks once provided jobs for thousands of people.

Reply to
alan_m

Worst one I ever had was from Homebase.

Wooden toilet sdeat, in the packaging. Got it home and it had been used - stains and all.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah well, the disproportionate pull of London is another matter ...

That said, as a Londoner stranded in Birmingham, I do get it ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Those are for blind people and tourists.

Some buses in Wales have them too. In English and Welsh.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You might just as well buy 4 pints of semi-skimmed and add 4 pints of water, or simply use less of it. Skimmed milk is so pathetic you just end up using more.

Skimmed milk is one of thr worst marketing scams going.

Reply to
Andrew

So more people shop at Tesco then ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Glasgow, St Enoch now showing 'up to 60% off'.

Reply to
Scott

Well that's because such conversions don't need planning permission.

Reply to
Andrew

Why would blind people or tourists for that matter, forget what bus they'd just got on ?

michael adams

michael adams

Bleagh.

Reply to
Huge

That's just taking the piss.

Reply to
Paul Herber

It's all a matter of taste.

Other people happen to think differently. And believe it or not, the world doesn't just revolve around you, and your own particular likes and dislikes.

Skimmed milk is milk with the fat removed. The calcium and B12 content per volume is identical to full cream milk.

But don't worry diddums; nobody is going to force you to drink it if you don't want to

michael adams

michael adams

At least ...

Reply to
Bob Eager

It's pretty shitty behaviour.

Reply to
Huge

in the case of the blind person

how did they know which bus they were getting on until the on-bus announcement tells them?

tim

Reply to
tim...