Is there a web site (land registry?) to see plot size?

How can I see the outline plot of a property? I want to try and get some rough measurements of the size/shape of the plot of a property I'm interested in.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

on OS Large Scale Maps - there's several levels of detail. You can order and receive by email.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

This is my experience only - I went to the land registry office and they got the maps out for me , showing my property boundaries and the current ownership details. I am not sure they have these things to view online , although I think you can purchase copies nine.

I also went to the local council , initially to find out about any planning proposals in the vicinity and found out to my surprise that they had full plans of my house and property . They told me they kept records of anything built after the town and country planning act of 1948 - in reality most of their records were from 1951 onwards since it was slow off the ground.

So you could try your planning dept as well. I paid a fiver to the planning office for a copy of the house plans and maps of the property, just because I was interested in the details

Reply to
mich

If the land is registered then

allows you to obtain the register entry and the title plan for a mere £2 each. The days of having to send off for 'office copies' are over.

Reply to
Andy Wade

I work for the Scottish Land Registry but I'm thinking you're in England right? - we have an online version of our land register up here where you can log on a print an ordnance survey scale plan of the property - sorry but I can't remember if you can do the same with HMLR.

Failing that they should be able to provide you with a paper based copy on request (for a fee).

HTH

Jonni

Reply to
jonni

In article , jonni writes

Any chance of a link please jonni, no sign on

as far as I can see.

Reply to
fred

The service is called Registers Direct, which is really aimed at those doing regular searching (info at

- you can do online ordering of searches from
but I don't think you can get the OS plan online, only by post/fax.

David

Reply to
David McNeish

Thanks David, recently had to do a search in person & it was very easy, but may register in case I have to any in the future as they don't charge to register, only to search - shame they don't take credit cards tho. Still no mention of mapping, even in the solicitors' section (Registers Direct), do you think that is restricted to personal visits? I imagine if you work there you can access the whole suite of information & registers direct users have access to just a selection of the full set?

Reply to
fred

I just tried it & I don't understand probably 50% of the text! It's quite useful for finding postcodes though :-)

Reply to
adder

I don't think they let the general public register to use it. I don't know if there's a reason for that, other than its payment system doesn't allow for prepayment of searches and they probably don't trust anyone other than the professional users to run up bills.

It lets users download and print (but not save) the full title plan, and any supplementary plans, which are identical to what you'd get in a hard copy from the registers. That's assuming it's a property registered in the Land Register - if it's still in the Sasines register then there's only online register to the search sheets (i.e. the indices) but not the deeds (and any plans) themselves.

David

Reply to
David McNeish