Is sealer for block paver any good?

My block paved front drive (usually has two cars on it) is about 3 year

old. I recently gave it a good clean with patio cleaner & a hose, & use a wire brush to get all the green moss/gunge out of the gaps. Most o the sand between the blocks has long since washed away, so I plan t sweep in some kiln dried sand. Is it worth sealing the blocks wit sealer before I do this? Not really bothered about waterproofing it but I imagine it will enhance the colour a bit (a little faded) & kee it from staining/getting dirty quickly

-- Pufter

Reply to
Pufter

I'd seal after you sweep the new sand in. Should help delay the inevitable emergence of weeds in the cracks. In my case it took 18 months for weeds to show (installed October, sealed with two coats the following March, weeds start showing in March-April of the following year).

Reply to
rrh

Clean it well first (oh, I see you have). It brings out the colour and it makes it a lot easier to clean (a *lot* easier, trust me!). You could also look at Marshall's Keybond which I think is applied after you've filled the gaps with kiln dried sand, and which I think both bonds and seals (I only found out *after* I had sealed my paving,

*before* filling in the gaps).
Reply to
cs