Is it possible to get a good quality tap?

Is it possible to get a good quality tap?

I'm not bothered about appearance - just functionality.

Any particular makes? Ceramic or ordinary tap washer?

Reply to
Chris

Grohe. Hansgrohe.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Peglar

Reply to
Ed Sirett

What problems do you experience? Do you have a heavy handed family (one more twist to make sure). Mine are 25 years old and are fine. I keep the handles screwed on tight and lubricate the mechanism when I do a washer change. I have educated my family that the "H" and the "C" will be straight when the tap is turned off hard enough.

Reply to
John

In article , John writes

One of the washbasin ceramic taps has become impossibly stiff. I'm considering replacing both taps with ordinary tap-washer type taps. Does it matter what make I get? (Your training program sounds good!)

Reply to
Chris

Strip it, descale it, it'll probably be fine.

(only probably though!)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ