Is it possible to get a good quality tap?

Is it possible to get a good quality tap?
I'm not bothered about appearance - just functionality.
Any particular makes? Ceramic or ordinary tap washer?
--
Chris

Grohe. Hansgrohe.
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:12:00 +0000, Chris wrote:

Peglar

What problems do you experience? Do you have a heavy handed family (one more twist to make sure). Mine are 25 years old and are fine. I keep the handles screwed on tight and lubricate the mechanism when I do a washer change. I have educated my family that the "H" and the "C" will be straight when the tap is turned off hard enough.

One of the washbasin ceramic taps has become impossibly stiff. I'm considering replacing both taps with ordinary tap-washer type taps. Does it matter what make I get? (Your training program sounds good!)
--
Chris

Chris wrote:

Strip it, descale it, it'll probably be fine.
(only probably though!)
Andy