Is it allowed ...

Indeed - the normal case where you can get away with this is for feeding class II light fittings...

(which having read the OP again I initially assumed we were talking about a D2D sensor light - but with another reading I am not sure if its integral to the light or a separate device now)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup, that is why its forbidden with singles since its not obvious to what circuit it belongs. Hopefully with a cable one would not go chopping randomly in the middle without also access to at least one of the ends to ascertain if its actually the right cable. However I would still not do it personally.

Reply to
John Rumm

Separate device.

Many thanks to a uk.d-i-y reader who is going to send me some suitable cable.

Reply to
Huge

Sorted then, 3&E is the way to go ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Should be with you tomorrow, turns out 1st class large letter is cheaper than 2nd class small parcel ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Class II light fittings still need the earth to be supplied to them.

Reply to
ARW

Thank you very much. Most kind.

Reply to