Central Heating Wiring

I am just about to reconfigure my heating system (System boiler)

Currently there is a three port valve controlling the heating and hot water cylinder

I am going to fit 2 "wet" plinth heathers in the Kitchen, as the only radiator in there is not very big, and there isn't scope for a bigger one, and it gets unacceptably cold in there when the rest of the house is at an acceptable temperature (3 external walls, no room above, although it has cavity insulation and loft insulation)

I want these on a separate zone, with a thermostat in the kitchen to control them, so am going to change to three x two port valves.

This will mean I will need to have 6 wires between the boiler cupboard and the valves, which are in the loft with the HW Cylinder (Bungalow)

What is the best way of running 6 wires, I can't seem to find any cable on sale with 6 wires in it...

Would running 2 x 4 core cables like this be acceptable, (using the green/yellow as earth in both, as I understand a green&yellow can't be re purposed with sleeving)

That would then give me the option of another zone if needed, with the spare wire.

Thanks!

Reply to
Toby

Just to add to this, the configuration is the boiler, programmer and room stats are downstairs, and the pump, valves and cylinder stat is upstairs, am I correct in thinking on a two port valve, I don't need a permanent live, as the valve will close when power is lost to it? (the pump doesn't have or need an over-run)

Otherwise I am going to need that spare wire!

Reply to
Toby

Okay, ignore that, I now realise I cocked up my diagram, and I do need a permanent live, or I will end up with all my valves on and not able to turn off until all stats are satisfied...

The question regarding the type of cable still stands, but now with 7 wires!

Sorry...

Reply to
Toby

7 core including earth?

if you meant 7 plus earth, then look at YY cables, but you might have to buy a 50m drum

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy, 7 including earth, so that will be perfect thanks :)

Reply to
Toby

Yes, 2 x 3C+E will be fine, or just buy some 5 core flex, which is all a zone valve needs.

Reply to
A.Lee