Is Araldite ok for metal?

Alex Coleman wrote

Where do you keep it? I mislaid my Araldite yonks ago and I finally gave up searching for the damn stuff today, and bought another lot. Now that I have two lots of it, how long will it be before the original lot turns up?

Reply to
Roger Hunt

When you tread on the old one and burst it over the floor silly!

Reply to
EricP

PC Paul proclaimed to uk.rec.cars.maintenance ...

A hole right through the stay tubing or just worn into it without piercing? Which stay - seatstay or chainstay? Either way dont worry yourself, just keep an eye one it - unless youre doing some jumps/drops with it you'll notice a hairline fracture coming from it before it fails completely - I have a fair amount of experience with breaking bike frames :)

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Right through on the seatstay (where the tyre goes past, curiously enough ;-), but with steep sides - only the bit around the 2mm hole in the very centre is *thin*.

I'm not planning to do anything too major on it, but I hate having to walk home...

Reply to
PC Paul