Is 20.8 litres/min any good?

Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow (20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right).

How good is this?

Reply to
Sadly

It's better than it could be, but Sadly not as good as it might be.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not that brilliant. You can improve the flow by installing a full bore stopcock. What do you intend to do with this flow? How many baths, showers, etc?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is acceptable, but not good. However, kitchen taps aren't all they used to be. Modern designs are quite restrictive and in some cases, the total flow available to your house will actually be higher.

I would certainly not hesitate to use this flow rate for a combi boiler, if one was suitable for the domestic requirements. However, I would not spend money on an unvented cylinder or heat bank, as the full benefit would not be obtained without the addition of an accumulator.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

| Our water pressure is not that high, but I do seem to have good flow | (20.8 lpm at the kitchen tap if what I just measured is right). |=20 | How good is this?

Better than mine which I have been satisfied with for years.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses=20

Wordlists
Celtic fonts=20
Killfile&Anti Troll FAQs
Dialect