IP66 outdoor switched 13 amp sockets - recommendations?

Weatherproof 2 gang outdoor switched socket - IP66.
Ordered the Pro-elec version from CPC because it looked a good price.
Out of the box, opening and closing was a bit of a struggle.
First one on the wall (new flat rendering) and the lid just wouldn't shut.
Sparkie took it off again and it would just close but it wasn't easy.
So not really fit for purpose.
I have some MK ones - a single and a double - and those are both fine.
However they are quite expensive.
So any recommendations for a good budget model or should I just grit my teeth and buy MK?
Cheers
Dave R
On 26/07/2013 09:27, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I bought a bunch of these at £15 each, and although I haven't fitted them yet, they seem to open and close OK:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/bg-nexus-13a-2g-dp-switched-socket/67928
On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 11:14:47 +0100, Piers wrote:

Thanks - they look much better designed and the reviews are generally good as well.
Cheers
Dave R

+1 I use a few of these around the place. The ability to close/lock the lid in place whilst in use is good. Only very,very small downpoint is that the lid is hinged by sliders that fit into the enclosure. In the dark it is easy to displace these and the lid will not then lock. I've gotten used to it. A little plus point is leaving both sockets turned on when grandchildren visit. 'Grumps, there's a cat in the garden'. Don't worry says I, that's the local tiger and he's very friendly. I think it must be near bedtime for you lot. Nick.
Nick wrote:

+2. They are as good as MK
--
Adam

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 06:57:41 +0100, ARW wrote:

First few pages of reviews were 5* - last few reviews are 2* and 3* - has the product changed?
Some worry about fragile clips as well.
Will buy and if not good take back.
Cheers
Dave R
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I have no idea if the product has changed. There was some whinging in the reviews that the socket failed then the gutter was constantly pouring water onto it. But we do not know if the socket was propery closed and sealed at the cable entry point and a drain hole fitted.
I am happy with them.
--
Adam

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 17:56:53 +0100, ARW wrote:

Electrician is also happy with them.
Not at all happy with the cheapo Pro-elec ones from CPC though - says he has never seen such rubbish before.
Cheers
Dave R
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

Do you have a CPC code/link to the Pro-elec ones?
--
Adam

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:43:45 +0100, ARW wrote:

"PL1081007 2 In Stock 21.76 SOCKET 2 GANG SWITCHED OUTDOOR IP66;Weat P9098 PRO ELEC"
from the email receipt.
The CPC web site is down for maintenance ATM.
Cheers
Dave R
On 26/07/2013 11:14, Piers wrote:

I've got the single gang version of that, and it's fine. Much easier to open and close than the MK equivalent - which is very fiddly.
--
Cheers,
Roger