IP ratings for bathroom electrical fittings

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can get the lowdown on IP ratings without having to invest in the latest Wiring Regs. I am particularly concerned in the siting of wall fans.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Take your pick!

if it wraps.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Don't think there is a regulation regarding their siting. As long as they suck air, thats good enough. Mind you one tucked at the bottom of a wall behind the bog might have the BCO scratching for his rule book..

I'll say one thing tho, don't put a humidistat next to an open window where it will come on in heavy rain showers ;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

the Part P regulations. My electrician vetoed my fan-at-the-end-of the-bath idea cos is in the wrong zone. Luckily fan-in-the-ceiling was acceptable. 2.4m above the floor is the magic distance istr

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Hi again

Thanks for the pointers Matthew, I found all I needed to know.

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 17:49:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@freeukisp.co.uk (Anna Kettle) mused:

I'd have put a low voltage one in if it was in the bath.

2.4m from the bottom of the bath.
Reply to
Lurch

With a ceiling one you can have a ducted fan, with the actual fan remote (in the loft for example), which gets round any zoning problems.

Reply to
John Rumm