Intumescent Collars

I've got to fit Intumescent collars to a 110mm soil pipe and a 100mm vent pipe, how tight fitting should the collars be? Can I use a 110mm collar for both?

Thanks

Reply to
Martin.Coram

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 02:47:12 -0700 (PDT), a certain chimpanzee, snipped-for-privacy@Manchester.ac.uk randomly hit a keyboard and produced:

Are they both plastic pipes? If so, they are probably both 110mm outside diameter. If you're using concertina ducting for the extract pipe, you should really use plastic ducting, especially through floors (or walls).

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

The vent pipe is not in yet but i'll be using plastic ducting, thought it's OD would be around 100mm.

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
Martin.Coram