Interpretation?

Can one of the sparkys among us interpret these instructions for me?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Insert coin in slot.

Dial number or ask operator to connect you.

Press Button A to talk, or if no-one answers Press Button B to get your pennies back.

Reply to
Andrew

Well I am guessing that the black wires are common, one for neutral in and one for neutral out. Red is live in, and blue(!) is switched live out.

As to the text:

"Move the switch switch on electricity a namely bright light,(usage remote controi have to want to open to control / a switch) remote control switch:Press the Akey open,press B key pass,long press the C keypostpone(long press thee key function for 2 to get into postpone 18 empress whtole pass), long press D key 2 get into the function of guard against theft"

Might be something to do with paring the remote to the switch, but your guess is probably better than mine since I expect the only you will work that out is by trying it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Surely NO professional sparkie reads the instructions ?. Just keep on pressing buttons and connecting wires until it works !.

Reply to
Andrew

With Chinglish that bad you got to wonder about the quality inside the box, just hope you have a suitable fire extinguisher nearby.

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I think you have the text of the withdrawal agreement there....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Reply to
alan_m

Or goes bang. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Surely to comply with regulations in the country, instructions should be understandable and in good English or the design foolproof so its obvious how to wire it, but from what I heare here, neither of these are true so how compliant is the guts of the device likely to be, I wonder? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Many years ago Got my first transistor radio. I could see then, and it only had a tuning knob and an on off volume and a removable plastic back for the pp3 battery, it was branded Gaiety. OK it was very tinny and medium wave only, but did have an earpiece witch was less tinny till I dropped it.

My point was this, you could easily undo the back, it too only clipped on, so me being me did so, and found a tiny circuit diagram glued to the back inside. When enlarged it was very good. However it had some writing on the bottom which stated that. It is forbidden to touch articles manufactured by this company. It was Japanese, and hardly cutting edge even then. I never did find out what kind of punishment might insure if I did touch the insides though, as it never went wrong until I lost it on a train ten years later.

Here we are all these years later and it seems that circuit diagram, even a block one would actually give a huge clue to the wiring of this device in the thread, but nobody bothered to do that, or is it hidden inside the cover one wonders!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Brian the diagram was clear enough it was the instructions to apparently program it that were complete gibberish.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I thought these days everything was supposed to be 'intuitive' !

Reply to
Andrew