Interesting link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emerging_technologies#Energy
harryagain wrote:

Sadly none of them in the energy sector will come to anything at all.
Thorium reactor possibly.
--
Ineptocracy

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:51:17 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

I have some involvement with what Bloom are doing in the fuel cell business, and it's safe to say they are expanding at a phenomenal rate, with some VERY interesting technology in the works with regards to efficiency.
--
Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail /

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

I see A123 batteries are filing for chapter 11.
More US government 'green funds' spent, gone, and no viable business left.
http://www.aftermarketnews.com/Item/106002/a123_systems_files_for_chapter_11_will_be_acquired_by_johnson_controls.aspx
--
Ineptocracy

Just checking - you're not the bloke who said that at the end of the year[1] that all laptops would be powered by fuel cells are you?
[1] 2007
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/

No, I said I have some involvement with them (or the company I work for does), but they doesn't mean I have bought into it wholesale. I just know how fast they are expending based on what I see, I don't know (or care) where the money is coming from.
Obviously I can't say much more than that....
--
Using Opera's revolutionary email client: http://www.opera.com/mail /

MarkG wrote:

Then you could easily be part of a criminal conspiracy and liable as an accessory to fraud.
You should care.

--
Ineptocracy

On Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:48:29 +0100, The Natural Philosopher

Is this for real?
--
Using Opera's mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail /