Installation of a gate valve?

Hi All,

I need to install a 22mm gate valve into the CH system. BTW how do the pushift types compare to the std brass?

I dont really want to drain the system down again and considered the following two options. One option I considered was to freeze the pipes either side of the location needed. However, how well do you think simply plugging the CH feed tank system in the loft on the inlet pipe and also the overflow expansion pipe will work?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

It will work fine if you only have ONE open end at a time,two and you will have a flood as one end will let water out,the other end will let air in. Can you valve off one side further along the line?

tarquinlinbin

You'll still have less water coming out than without plugging. You just have to arrange to catch the water that does come out as you open up the pipework where you want to work.

BTW I wouldn't use pushfit where you might have to twist and pull at pipes to get the valve in as you might well displace the O ring trying to get the pipe into the fitting. I'd always use compression for this sort of thing. Oh, and a lever ball valve rather than a gate valve :-)

Reply to
john.stumbles