Insane prices on Amazon for "bottom mount drawer runners"

I am looking for some drawer runners to replace some existing ones which aren't full extension. So I searched for "bottom mount drawer runners" on amazon.co.uk and I get loads of them at really stupid prices, like hundreds of pounds!

Some turned out to be for lots of 10 pairs but not all of them.

There's a couple at slightly less insane prices but I think I'll look on eBay and elsewhere as well.

Yes, I know Amazon are by no means the cheapest but I really don't understand these silly proces. I've noticed with some other things recently that if you keep scrolling down that a 'silly prices' section seems to appear.

Reply to
Chris Green

When they, or a Amazon market place seller, has no stock they often change the price higher to something really silly. This means that they don't have to remove the listing if they expect stock to arrive in the future. You will find the same happens on Ebay. If you are finding lots of sellers with these silly high prices it possibly means that they are all selling the same item(s) and the container full of stock coming from China has been delayed.

Reply to
alan_m

some sellers adjusts their price to £SILLY when they're out of stock, but want to keep a long-running listing open on ebay/amazon.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Have a look at Fiteo for furniture bits.

I found them selling wonderously things cheap on Amazon, and wound up at their website.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Yep - from a quick look, better than half the Screfix prices.

Reply to
RJH

Well as we all know, gold plated mains plugs can be bought for a price, and if you were stupid enough to buy such things the Russ Andrews of this world would be rich. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

but - according to one of the HiFi magazines in the early 1990s - they improved stereo separation.

Reply to
charles

As does the £25 3Amps fuse that fits in a UK mains plug.

Consider if these Hi-Fi magazines are willing to print such crap about mains plugs, cables costing thousands etc. think what value can attach to the equipment reviews they also print.

Reply to
alan_m

The terrifying thing is, that like Renewable energy, all the technology is fully developed and isn't going to get any better. And is already apart from loudspeakers, so good that its impossible to tell one from another. Unlike renewable energy, which is so crap you cant tell one from another.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My view entirely

Reply to
charles

I reember them getting overexcited about some overpriced deck that could only play one speed. Maybe they had shares. The car mags were about as useful.

Reply to
Animal

A srtip of wood works better in most cases. More friction but lasts a lifetime, those runners do not. Also beware feeble load ratings.

Reply to
Animal