Indesit dishwasher D3000WG? blows fuse

(I think D3000WG is the model - it's the only likely-looking ID I could find, on the bar-code label).

A few seconds into the wash cycle (our usual cycle 3) after the machine has let in some water and the motor has started up (I assume - sound of water swishing about inside) the fuse in the mains plug pops quite audibly. After replacing the fuse and trying again I measured the resistance between live and neutral at about 15 ohms - about half the resistance of the heater element (30 ohms) and corresponding to about 16 Amps or a bit under

4kW, which I wouldn't have thought would blow the fuse very enthusiastically. A day or two later (when I had more time to have a better look at it) I couldn't measure any resistance between L + N, though I'd left the programme selector switch in the same place.

The circuit is protected by an RCD so if the heater element or anything else had been leaking to earth that would have tripped. What else could it be - any ideas? Someone in this parish (IIRC) suggested the motor capacitor: does that sound possible? I had a look at it and it didn't look as if it had been trying to dissipate kilowatts - it was nice and off-white or grey colour. Nothing else visibly cooked underneath, or in the controls compartment in the door, either.

Reply to
John Stumbles

assume - sound

quite

resistance of the

anything else

capacitor: does

compartment in

Two things are probably happening at this point, the heater will have come on, and the soap dispenser will operate, (usually with an audible click), to let in the powder. If you have tested the heater and this seems OK, it might be the soap dispenser faulty, or the wiring to it, possibly where it passes under the bottom of the door, and gets bent backwards and forwards.

Reply to
Notty Pine