Incoming supply fuse

No the tails go to the consumer unit. Maybe it's to discourage DIY

More likely it's done because it can be done. As far as I'm concerned provided you don't break the seals on meter, and don't tamper with any wiring before the meter, you can do what the heck you like, provided you're competant.
/jk
mused:

Wouldn't have thought so. Quite often they'll seal the output side as well while they have crimoing tools out, just because they can. I come across this all the time.
--
Regards,
Stuart.

Yup. I fitted a Henley block on the outptu side of my meter, and they sealed that!
They've never sealed the isolator I fitted to the input side, though...not even when they eventually resealed the supply fuse.

I have seem similar seals myself. I suspect it is so if there is a problem they know who didn't tighten the screws correctly....