Incoming supply fuse

No the tails go to the consumer unit. Maybe it's to discourage DIY

Reply to
Michael

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 02:15:35 -0000, "John Kenyon" mused:

Wouldn't have thought so. Quite often they'll seal the output side as well while they have crimoing tools out, just because they can. I come across this all the time.

Reply to
Lurch

Yup. I fitted a Henley block on the outptu side of my meter, and they sealed that!

They've never sealed the isolator I fitted to the input side, though...not even when they eventually resealed the supply fuse.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Simply call your supplier and ask them to fit an isolator. If they wriggle, tell them you consider it to be a safety issue, as you have no means of isolating your supply to work on your equipment, and your next call will be to the HSE.

They'll fit an isolator. Honest. I arrange them on a daily basis.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

More likely it's done because it can be done. As far as I'm concerned provided you don't break the seals on meter, and don't tamper with any wiring before the meter, you can do what the heck you like, provided you're competant.

/jk

Reply to
John Kenyon