Impact Drivers

Not very good at acronyms, are you?

Oh! By the way, a secratary is responsible for nothing except liking the stamps and looking after the corespondence.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Innocent question...

What is metal studding.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

LOL I love that one. I will put it into the 'must use again' group at this end. :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Electric, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, phantasmic. Let us know

Find your local school. It may be a primary, or secondary, and enlist in one of their basic English classes. You will be surprised at how low your English languish educational level is.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

(in another post)

Who?

Anyway, lots of people 'like' stamps.

Are you still languishing in one?

(glass houses; throw; stones)

Reply to
Bob Eager

You should list them in degrees of ignorance and/or total stupidity.

-
Reply to
Mark

I don't normally do the spelling auntie as my own is often somewhat lacking, but in this case...... *English languish*

ROFLOL

-
Reply to
Mark

Do you know, someone made your name up too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Dexion has holes to screw into, metal studding uses self-tappers ...

Reply to
Rob Morley

Stick a bit of steel angle on the edge and it will open bottles better (but mind your hand).

Reply to
Rob Morley

What do you call a torque wrench?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Fraid it's brill.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

drill/driver

And this one is giving it all on tools. Shishhhhh!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Kind of bottom feeding flat fish you mean? Yup makes sense.

Reply to
John Rumm

You mean you can't tell torque from mutter?

Reply to
Andy Hall

He also managed 'like' (not 'lick'), 'secratary' and 'corespondence' - all in one sentence.

I suspected irony, but decided he wasn't really up to that...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Me too. I also would have thought that the re-use of the name was justified as the powered impact driver would take over many of the functions of the original (which I have one of too, and have used). This being the case it is not unreasonable to use the same name as it is a descriptive name that fits.

When the first jigsaws came out in the 1950's I expect people managed to avoid confusing them with boxed puzzles. I expect there were complaints though.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Wonder what that means, sounds navy-related.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I went in there yesterday afternoon, as it happens, to buy some draught strip - had quick nose around at their timber, it seems fine (except for the smaller sections, esp. thin matching, which is utter sheyt).

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Hardly. Jigsaw puzzles are so called because they were originally made with jigsaws.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)