Ping micky...That Block Of Concrete

Try this... (Video link is safe)

Marilyn Manson

you can buy feathes & irons at Lee Valley :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

At $95 for a set of 3? I think not.

They are available for much cheaper from so many other sources.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

That is CAD95 for nine pieces (three wedges, six feathers). On the US page, it's USD79.50 for nine pieces. A bit pricer than miles supply, but not a whole lot. And LV stuff is generally high quality.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

How about we just go with what the website says - twice?

Feathers & Irons (Set of 3) Item BL631, Feathers & Irons, set of 3

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Are you using the wrong terminology or the wrong tool?

You said "impact drill". Did you mean impact driver or hammer drill? I'm not sure that an "impact drill" even exists. I've never heard of one.

An impact driver is the wrong tool for drilling holes in masonry. That's what a hammer drill is for. An impact driver is not supposed to be used for drilling period, thus the name - driver.

Here's a 10 second summary from

10-SECOND SUMMARY - Impact drivers apply rotational impacts with a hammer and anvil mechanism - Hammer drills apply forward impacts with a tooth and bearing or ridged disc system - Impact drivers are the right tool for driving screws and other fasteners - Hammer drills are the right tool for making holes in masonry - For bigger fasteners, you move from an impact driver to an impact wrench - For bigger holes in concrete switch your hammer drill out for a rotary hammer

My Milwaukee hammer drill not only has a speed control trigger, it also has a switch to select whether the trigger varies the speed from 0 to 1500 RPMs or from 0 to 3500 RPMs.

My Ridgid impact driver has a variable speed trigger.

The more you pay, the more features you get.

...snip...

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Why are you asking us? Why don't you ask them that set the rules?

It's your city, your city's library. All we could do is speculate, when the answer you seek is just a phone call away.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

If I need a tool I either buy or fabricate it . If I don't need it again someone I know usually will .

Reply to
Snag

...because you asked a bunch of questions and that is the only way you ever have even a chance of getting the answer. BTW...the person who you speak to doesn't need to know the answers. (S)he only needs to know who (s)he should call to get you answers or provide contact information for who can help you.

Do they have an email address? It's not like it's a time sensitive question, so that's another avenue to pursue.

I'm curious...Do you ever call *any* company or organization seeking information? Based on your criteria of 'why would you want to spend time on the phone trying to reach a human, only to find out if you ever reach one that (s)he has little idea as to the answer to your question', it seems to me like you would never pick up the phone seeking information.

Seriously, do you have some 6th sense that tells you "This is the right time to call because the person who knows the answers will be available." or do you always just ask for answers on usenet?

OK. Speculation Mode On

There are 6 organizations, with 45 volunteers in total. However, 1of those

6 is in danger of losing their 501(c)(3) designation because it appears that they are spending more than the allowed percentage of the donated funds on fundraising and salaries. It is not known at this time if any of their volunteers will offer their services to the remaining 5 should that organization be shut down. A few of them are disillusioned by the scandal and have lost trust in charities.

However, as it turns out, those 6 organizations use a lot of tools from the library, which should be obvious, since the library apparently still in operation, still limiting the use of their tools to 501(c)(3) organizations and sophisticated enough to have a call routing system that will take you a lot of time to get through. BTW They need that call routing system because they are so busy lending tools and answering questions from people that want to know how many members they have.

Speculation Mode Off

Are you asking for more speculation? OK -

"Your estimated wait time is 8 - 9 minutes. If you do not wish to remain on hold, we can call you back. If you request a call back, you will not lose your place in line. To schedule a call back press 1, otherwise press 2."

If you didn't want speculation, the best I can offer is this:

How do I know how long it will take? It's your city, you tell us.

Are you asking for more speculation? OK -

There's a 63.29% that someone will be there if you call M, W, Th, F between 9 and 4, Tuesday between 10:30 and 4. (They have a staff meeting at 9AM every Tuesday and need time to refill their coffee cups before going back to their desks where they route all those calls through the call prompter system.)

If you didn't want speculation, the best I can offer is this:

How do I what the chances are? It's your city, you tell us.

I'm speculating that you didn't like my response.

Uh...yeah. In fact, 'twas I that pointed out that an HOA is not a 501(c)(3).

So let me see if I've got this right. You didn't think that there were enough 501(c)(3) organizations doing the kind of work that would keep a tool library busy, therefore HOA's must be borrowing the tools, therefore HOA's must be 501(c)(3)'s.

I gotta be honest...that logic escaped my speculation.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson