Impact driver choices

Makita (prior to introducing the LiIon tools) used the same battery connector and layout for pretty much everything. (even their long thin

9.6V packs will fit the modern chargers).

I will have to take your word for it - I have a site circular saw and angle grinder, but nothing of that nature to compare them with ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a royobi one+ combi drill and it will put 6mm holes in just about anything common very quickly. Just use the bosch multimaterial drills.

Reply to
dennis

I admit I havn't tried them, but are they significantly faster than normal masonry drills in concrete or hard block?

Reply to
newshound

On Friday, November 16, 2012 7:28:43 PM UTC, snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wro= te:

anta:-) -- Adam

Makita LCT204W =A3126 from Amazon Free p&p

Reply to
Kipper at sea

They seem to be...

At my previous place I had convinced myself that the render was practically undrillable (pre SDS days) using a hammer drill and normal masonry bits. I was quite pleasantly surprised to find the 18V combi could stick holes in it relatively easily with those bits.

Reply to
John Rumm

Santa:-) -- Adam

That's 10.8V the twin pack of dinky little drill driver and ID...

Must admit I quite fancy one of those myself ;-)

(although it if were my only ID I would go for a bigger one)

Reply to
John Rumm

I like it very much - when allowed to 'borrow' it from partner. But agree - to a point. Am happy to get out the SDS for anything heavier. But, so far, it has been up to everything I have needed to use it for.

Used it the other day to screw a metal plate to the wall. Decided to change something so undid the screw. Only I forgot to switch direction - and the plate started to disappear into the wall. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Festool do one, at a price.

Reply to
boltmail

>> But a) that includes radio; b) still seems expensive.

Which does beg the question, how come she gets all the nice tools? (or were these carfully planned cristmas pressies that you knew you might be able to borrow?) ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Because I've got all the big, heavy, old crap filling up the shed! Which is too much for her. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

One final decision then - is it worth saving about £18 to get one without the box?

wondering why all the other listings seem to come with a box and this one doesn't.

All my other cordless drill/drivers and my cheapo SDS drill live in their own boxes but the B&D mains powered stuff doesn't. Ah, decisions, decisions!

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

When I got mine I got it without a box. I use the impact driver and drill/driver so frequently that it's handy just leaving them leaving around - or dumping them in a bigger bag of stuff to carry to whatever I'm doing, rather than bothering to put them in their own boxes.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

It could be a split of a pack that originally contained a drill (and a battery + charger)

You could also end up with something not covered by a Makita UK guarantee*, or even a fake.

  • They insist that it has a CE mark on the serial number tag.
Reply to
The Other Mike

> Just wondering why all the other listings seem to come with a box and

I got mine without a case (was not a choice at the time). The ideal would be a case that would take a drill and the ID since they are often required for one job.

Reply to
John Rumm