Immersion Timer

I want a controller suitable for twin immersion heaters (Economy

7 and boost).

So far I have found the Horstmann

experience with this, or suggested alternatives?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

these are the best timers on the market. don't fit cheap alternatives if you are going to stop in this house because they tend not to last long I have been buying these hortsman E7 timers off ebay for around £15 Hortsman also make a non digital model which is just as good hope this helps

Bruno (Coventry's best electrician!)

Reply to
Bruno

Hi,

I've just fitted one of these

. It's a 3 channel timer, which I wanted to use to control electric heating, immersion, and a heated towel rail in my apartment. I needed to combine it with contactors because the loads were greater than the programmer rating, but it works a dream. i now have just one controller in a neat package on the wall in the hall to control all of the functions. It has a great display, with separate clock displays for each channel, so it will dsiplay the next on or off time on the display. There's a boost (1 or 2 hour) and advance function for each channel also, and it's a doddle to set. The additional cost of the contactors did add to the cost, but it works very well.

Ro

Reply to
Ro

I had this problem many years back and decided to build my own dual timer. I managed to buy a couple of miniature LCD timers with 3 on off programs. I connected the triac outputs to heavy duty relays switching between the sink and bath elements and another relay for the power on /off. One timer sets the Sink Element and the other sets the Bath. Its been running continually for god knows how long. 10-15 years or more and only had to change the batteries once. Graham......

Reply to
Graham H