IKEA to charge £1 parking fee at its new Edmonton store

It's A Yorkshireman.

Or woman if you're from the south and don't understand that man embraces woman.

Certainly not. I'm totally non-combatant and don't need to express my prowess with a bow. There are other things in life ...

Or were you suggesting a shoot off?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Wrong again!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I know the value of very little. Depends on the cost of processing, the time involved and the market. Why, do you want one?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And heavy and underpowered to boot - but it was elegant in a stubby way. We had two. Spouse's brother had the bigger version, the Renown. Oh happy days!

It was. And very easy to drive and park. I acted as chauffeuse for an artist friend who lost his licence through elbow lifting and couldn't live without his car. I had the use of the car when not driving him and he filled the enormous tank. ISTR about 12 mph - it was the automatic. I also drove his Super Snipe which had a glass screen between front and rear windows - to stop the sheep licking the back of the driver's neck.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was thinking along those lines - but more of where do you find a large enough table?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I bow to your greater experience :-))))))))

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I was 'treated' to it once.

Blech.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh, come on! It's not that bad. Not compared with a great many other restaurants associated with shopping outlets. Think Littlewoods, think Tesco.

MM

Reply to
MM

No thanks.

Once again I have to bow to your greater experience :-)

We very rarely eat out, for the very good reason that when we do we're almost always disappointed. We eat much better at home.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Yes, but their business depends on large numbers of people buying things and taking them home by car so the cost of the car park should be absorbed as part of their operating costs. I doubt if their expensive home delivery service could cope if all the customers used it.

It cost them money to build their huge sheds but they don't charge you to walk in through the doors (yet).

Reply to
Mike Clarke

You mean that they should add a percentage to the cost of goods?

If they did would people object?

If people wouldn't object thay're not being rational!

How do you know? :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well that's what all shops do isn't it. Buy in stock, add a percentage to cover their running costs like rent, rates, energy bills, staff wages etc plus a bit more as profit and then sell it on, for big sheds like IKEA the car park is just another overhead.

No, shops wouldn't be able to stay in business if they didn't cover their overheads and make a profit. If shops didn't add a percentage to the prices to cover overhead costs they'd be offering the goods at cost price but need to charge everyone X pounds as they walked into the store to cover these costs regardless of how much (or little) they bought - somehow I don't think they'd get many customers, especially in Ikea's case when you invariably have to go back several times since everything you want isn't in stock.

Well I know it costs money to build them, and I can walk into Ikea, look around without buying anything and walk out without having to pay anything but I don't know if they might start to charge in the future.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Yes, just imagine B&Q, Homebase, DFS, or MFI charging a quid to park. The idea is utterly stupid.

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , MM writes

I believe it was alleged earlier in the thread that TfL had something to do with it. That being the case, it's politics, not stupidity, and there are some people who claim to be able to tell the difference.

Reply to
Joe

I'll have a look on eBay ..

Why, do you want one?

To hang on a pole outside the garden centre to warn them of their fate ..;-)

Oh, you mentioned prepping a Hare .. my (hunting) mate suggests that he can't kill a Hare because it's unlucky?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

They don't do poached hedgehog in Tesco's restaurant then Mary?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's alright, I didn't kill it!

I skinned and paunched it the other day, the pelt went into a bucket for washing. Tonight I put it in the tanning solution. The joints are in a marinade and might be roasted tomorrow, if we have company.

I've also finished washing a fleece, that's back breaking work. It's now drying. From here on it's all Spouse's, he'll card and spin it. He prefers to spin in the grease but it was full of dags ...

Tomorrow I'll skin the pheasant and deal with those skins.

All new to me, I had to get stuff from a taxidermy company, their catalogue is fascinating!

Mary

BTW, I have two posts in the drafts folder for you, I might mail them, if your addy is genuine.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No idea. Wouldn't eat it from there anyway :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Result ;-)

Does that depend if you get enough electric off the wind generator to get the "Diner" sign lit up? ;-)

Hmmm, we stick our fleeces in the washing macine .. ;-)

It's now

Yeah, that can be a pain can't it? ( .. "Anyone know what Mary's talking about?") ;-)

You know how to have your fun don't you Mary!

I bet Are you sure your name isn't Lily Munster? ;-)

It is .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Where would you eat it from then (and please don't say the kerb ...) ;-(

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m