IKEA to charge £1 parking fee at its new Edmonton store

No, it's still stupid, even then, for IKEA should be prepared to sacrifice a tiny bit of its profits for maintaining good customer relations. No one FORCED IKEA to build a store in Edmonton. They could have added one to the Peterborough distribution centre instead, for example.

MM

Reply to
MM

You're not as old as I thought. If you were you'd know about gongs :-)

In any case, sadly, we can't erect a wind generator in town :-(

But if the electricity failed we have butane, wood and charcoal. No problem!

But you don't card and spin them afterwards. Yours, I suspect, are the recycled plastic bottle ones!

Lumps of shit.

It's - er - challenging. I've made mess of the hen's skin. It's unusable. I want the c*ck's cape. Shall do that in a couple of minutes.

No idea why.

Send for your own.

paper one is much more interesting than the on-line one.

Who?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Certainly not! We have plates.

OK, yes, our everyday dinner plates are hand thrown by a friend - probably the best reproduction potter in the country.

We've never, knowingly, eaten hedgehog though. I don't warm to them. When I used to pick them up from the garden to show the children they were always surrounded by a cloud of fleas. The hedgehogs that is. They can't get into the garden now. The hedgehogs, that is.

Woudn't eat anything from Tescoids though, never shop there.

Just noticed, the tit feeder outside this window is empty. That means I have to do an acrobatic act to get to it and replace it ... if I'm not back it's because I've either fallen out of the window (1st floor) or broken my back when the desk collapsed.

Mary

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We just went to look at a few more (plates).. we 'thought' they were Demby and described them to the assistant *thought* she remembered them. A quick look in the cup(plate?)board when we got home reminred us they were Denby Encore and they stopped making them in 98 ;-(

That's not nice, invite a friend round and they smash yer plates!

probably

We prefer the real stuff ourselves ;-)

LOL ..

Probably not allowed in anyway are you Mary .. dress code and that? when the desk collapsed.

"You there Mary?" Desk, for climbing on eh .. HSE won't like *that* at all ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have some Doulton which date from the 1960s but we rarely use them. I prefer the real ones rather than machine made ones :-)

He's never been here as it happens ...

> probably

You pays your money ...

No idea. I'm not going to put them to the test.

We're allowed in Waitrose.

I know, but it works. So far. It's a VERY old desk, large and metal. Given to me by a neighbour and it holds pc tower, printer, monitor and spreading pile of paper on the top as well as having three useful drawers to the left and one and a file drawer to the right of the knee hole. Wonderful.

You can't get those at Ikea whether you pay for parking or not. In fact I doubt that it could be flat-packed ... !

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher