IKEA dishwasher behaviour/manual

Our IKEA/Whirlpool dishwasher came with a thin and inadequate manual, and I can't find anything better online.
Anyway, the puzzle is this: if the dishwasher finishes its cycle, and is left alone, after a time, it will kick off again (after a few hours).
Is this normal behaviour? It doesn't seem very useful!
Daniele
     snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) writes:

No.
A couple of relatives have IKEA/Whirlpool dishwashers, which I've repaired a few times, but not with this fault. Note they have a long silent drying cyle at the end. Could it be that the cycle actually kicks off as soon as this finishes? Doesn't make any more sense, but it might be more explainable as a fault.
--
Andrew Gabriel