If Salvador Dali did oven elements...

DerbyBorn wrote in news:XnsA64A64D3576TrainJPlantntlworldc@81.171.92.236:

My grill elements are controlled by an "energy regulator switch" rather than a proper thermostat.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I thought the fan "overrun" was to protect the electronic bits. Surely the heating elements are meant to, um, run hot?

Reply to
Adam Funk

You are obviously doing it wrong then.......

You are SUPPOSED to drop or lose one at least ONE of the spade terminals and it's cable down a cavity at the back of in the oven resulting in an almost complete dismantling of the oven in order to retrieve it.

Reply to
ARW

But it might take some finding. I eventually found ours a good metre from the oven hidden behind a drawer under the (gas) hob! You had to pull the drawer out, then fiddle to get it out of the runner so it could be withdrawn completely. Only then could you get to the isolator to turn the oven supply off.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

What an amateur install.

A pro would ensure that the switch at the back of a set of drawers was perfectly positioned so that any oversized/badly stacked item in the drawer would hit the switch and turn off the oven when the drawer was closed.

Reply to
ARW

Well it makes up for the last time where I had every main component disconnected and it will still tripping the RCD!

Reply to
John Rumm

Not ideal ;-)

In this case though, the kitchin wiring is quite sensible[1] its on the wall about a foot to the right of the cooker mid way between base and wall units - with a small neon, and labelled cooker... (next to the one for the boiler, labelled boiler).

[1] It would be, I rewired the house for them a decade ago or so ;-)
Reply to
John Rumm
[Snip]

squirrels nibbling the wiring?

Reply to
charles

Yees but some small ovens use the grill in conjunction with another element and thermostat to, presumably save on bits. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

As we are into art then, I wonder what an electric fire by Picasso might look like... Hang on, sounds like a new line for Dysan to me! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No, it transpired (when in desperation I had already disconnected everything inside the cooker, and finally disconnected the supply lead from it completely, and it will *still* causing a trip even though it was no longer attached) that the plug was wet as a result of someone getting a bit squirt happy with the kitchen cleaner earlier that day!

Reply to
John Rumm