Identifying a hand drill make

As i've just repaired it I thought I'd try identifying the make if not the model as its done stirling work. The aluminium stick on labels are broken off or worn with wear. Must be 20 to 30 years old or even more , 1/2 inch chuck of make Rohm. Made in W Germany, distinctive colours of yellow handle and armature section, then boxy black section with gearbozx and hammer section. I find the reverse , anticlockwise drive direction option useful. The levers are orange.

Reply to
N Cook

DeWalt?

Reply to
Andy Hall

By your description it sounds like a Stanley Bridges Drill ?

Reply to
Kaiser

Did they ever make a reversing drill?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure, but I remember they were a yellow colour and very boxy in shape. I ruled out DeWalt as they have a black reversing lever/switch and black trigger, not orange as OP stated. Don't think DeWalt have made drills longer than 15 years.

Reply to
Kaiser

Have they been around with that brand name for 20 years? I know DeWalt & B&D are long established, but the black/yellow isn't that recent surely?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Staley are still black/yellow. Could be.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Since the 1920s.

First handheld power tools 1992, so may not be the one here...

Reply to
Andy Hall

My 'real' DeWalt RAS dates from 1980 and is black/green/orange - hence the question.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Your green & orange RAS was one of the originals then, before they got involved with B&D?

Reply to
Kaiser

I've put a pic on

of the orange levers hammer/normal is just below the O (on the top of the drill) and another high/low gear on the hidden side. foot ruler included. The reversing lever is next to and part of the power switch and the remnants of labels marked L

Reply to
N Cook

Yup. Bought it 25 years ago. Still as good as the day it was made, superb engineering, everything adjustable.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "N Cook" saying something like:

nearly identical to that, if black.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon