I were thinking like, about power cuts

On Thursday 11 April 2013 08:28 harry wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Very like what happened to Japan (dirt cheap in the 70's, now look).

China may take longer to make the transistion but it will happen.

Reply to
Tim Watts

According to Radio 4, who interviewed Chinese factory owners a couple of days ago, it's already happened. The current generation of Chinese workers are educated and won't work for pittance. China is having to do what Europe did and shift their focus to manufacturing that requires skill rather than just labour. The unskilled market has moved to Cambodia, Vietnam etc.

Alex

Reply to
Alexander Lamaison

On Thursday 11 April 2013 11:12 Alexander Lamaison wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Although that may be true of the regions like Shanghai, Shenzheng and Hong Kong, there's loads of poor badly educated people left who would prefer a crappy factory job[1] in the warm compared to an even crappier job subsisdence farming - they're just in other parts. However those "other parts" are not in particularly useful places with infrastructure - but I do wonder if they will manage a case of "internal outsourcing" to factories in odd places.

[1] I'm not being facisious. Villagers do migrate to a large extent already and the first generation seem to accept the likes of Foxconn as better than poking around in a muddy paddy field wondering if the next crop is going to come good or whether they face starving.
Reply to
Tim Watts

That argument makes sense for things like handbags anc clothes that have a lot of manual work. But we now get all sorts of things that were made in China where labour costs must be minimal, e.g. boxes of nail gun nails.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Subsistence.

Facetious.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Huge

On Thursday 11 April 2013 14:34 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

C'mon - you know my typing is nearly as bad as TNPs!

;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

But having communist "leadership" might stop the proles getting wealthy too soon... ought to keep some snouts in the trough for a bit longer.

Reply to
John Rumm

At 132kV, 275kV and 400kV breaker and isolators are always a separate component.

Reply to
The Other Mike