I've just discovered Wago connectors!

They're ba-aack!

Reply to
Andy Burns

My dad called them Scruits.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Uuuurrrrgggh!

Stand by for incidence of fires on the increase in a few years...

Which will be solved by making us run all cabling in fireproof containment.

I am not joking (cf Amendment 3)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Oh, Lhord.

Reply to
Huge

Screwits

Reply to
charles

Those ones seem to have a metal thread inside, the American ones I've seen are all ceramic.

Reply to
mcp

I've never seen any in the flesh, but going by image search results (ignoring the charred ones!) most present American ones seem to be plastic with some sort of metal insert in them too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

our used to be, too.

Reply to
charles

I clicked on the link & got this:

"Unfortunately this product is no longer available."

Reply to
Adam Funk

The American ones I've seen are all plastic with a metal coil inside.

Reply to
Adam Funk

Surely a sprung connection that can't work loose over time has some advantages over a screw terminal that can (especially at high currents)?

I've only used the levered ones. I have an innate prejudice against push-fit anything, although I am getting tempted to try the 4-pole push-fit one solely because they don't make a 4-pole levered one.

I wish they made a bigger version of the box for more complicated situations too.

Reply to
Adam Funk

They do seem to have removed them in the last few days

Reply to
Andy Burns

Subject to it applying sufficient pressure - which gets harder with bigger cables.

Likewise - I will use the lever ones.

Indeed. There are some adaptable boxes that have a retainer rail for wagos built in. However, Wagos have been designed to be deployed "loose" in any suitable enclosure - subject to cables exiting being suitable supported (clipped near or glanded).

Reply to
Tim Watts

Perhaps they sold out due to the advertising on here :-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews