I see the BBC reporters don't understand RFID tags.

Then either the insulation is not correct or the occupants are drying wet clothing on the radiators instead of using the washing lines provided outside. That plus not opening windows.

Reply to
Andrew

Ah its one of the UHF ones. They aren't the normal ones used in things like credit cards and dogs, etc.

Reply to
dennis

Try powering one of these from an antennae and see how far you get

These are the normal ones like in credit cards, the sort I can read/write using my phone. Not that you can write much to a credit card chip as they have the security fuse blown and have an inbuilt CPU to generate codes.

Reply to
dennis

Do you think they have tried opening the windows?

There are a lot of b&b that are far worse than shipping containers, maybe they should move her to one so she can appreciate the difference?

Reply to
dennis

You don't understand physics then.

Reply to
dennis

Yes. you do know that communications and power are different?

Reply to
dennis

The newer UHF ones use RF for power, but they are not the common ones that the BBC mentioned.

If we had ID cards then a UHF tag would be good as it would stop all those people without and ID walking about if you put trackers around the streets.

The RFID tags like in passports are useless for that sort of thing.

Reply to
dennis

And use them as kitchens too for on-line ordering.

you could probabley use them as pop up shops, even as small flats I heard one person uses it for meditation classes.

Perhapso even student accomatation.

Reply to
whisky-dave

dennis

whisky-dave

Want to explain patch antennae rod?

Reply to
dennis

Perhaps they open onto a motorway, I know afriend that lives on a main road and opening the window they just get traffic fumes. if opening windows is the answer then why do so many cars have air conditioning ?

perhaps the containers need sun roofs too or is that rooves ?

and that's a good thing is it.

Perhaps just leave her and her kids to live on the streets, then you don;t have to provide anything.

Reply to
whisky-dave

A 48 bit serial number and 128 bits of memory

Reply to
Andy Burns

RF is magnetic as well, Bur its not predominantly magnetic

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Actually not, but I noticed you didnt underand what I was saying so I'll stop there

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If the state didnt make it profitable they wouldnt.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And in the reader, its the RF output that provides both - even on the low frequency near field devices where the RF is inductively coupled to the tag.

Reply to
John Rumm

What does the RF in RFID mean?

GH

Reply to
Marland

Dont tell him. He will cry.

Of copurse they are . RF signal in, chip fires up squawks RF signal back. Job dine.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But RF means radio *frequency*, not radio *waves*. There are no radio waves inside an RF transformer, for instance. I know one leads to the other, but the waves may not be important in an inductive setup.

Reply to
Roger Hayter