I see netto are...

doing a better looking cement mixer than Aldi's for a 100GBP. ;-)

The3rd Earl Of Derby

I was going to say "Get awa, ye bstard swine that y'are", like the Scotch fellow with the string vest, but Netto's is 63L capacity (not

100), and it's only a 220W motor, not a 550W one. I thought for a moment I'd wasted money I could have spent on "cold cure". Phew!
Reply to
Chris Bacon

> aloguePages/3-8?opendocument&catid=3

One shouldn't rely on the write up on these ads as well you found out when you bought the aldi model, ie it had higher specs motor wise than the ad let on.

As for capacity size would you really fill it up to the brim?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

No, about 2/3 full (roughly 70L v. 40L). A Minimix (popular make) churns out about 90L at a time.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You are better off finding the optimum mixing load with any mixer and if you need a great deal mixed make a few loads of dry mixed.

Then put a barrowload back in using alternate shovles for each pile until it has all gone.

The mix will be well mixed and better matched a lot quicker than doing one maximum mix at a time.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

So have you built the thing yet? :-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Maybe in May. I've a bit of paperwork to do first. Have taken note of your experience for use then!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

And another thing. Why have they a picture of an SDS with the jawed chuck fitted, and an SDS chisel stuck in the jawed chuck?

Chris Bacon

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Reply to
mogga

No, they never have.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ha, ha, very funny. Don't let your predjudices blind you from the truth.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Bother, I was going to reply similarly, but I didn't, as I've never been in a Netto.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Any f+d people whether Netto food is good, bad, or indifferent?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Given that they sell the same brands as many other high street shops I would say at least some of it's perfectly acceptable. Dunno about the own brand stuff, if there is a Netto brand.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Ah, I see - I've only experience of Aldi and Lidl, who rarely sell "named" brands, but much of whose "stuff" is good.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Their wine is excellent. Unlike Aldi and Lidl they sell branded wines and very cheap too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nescafe is well...Nescafe...and they sell it cheaper than anyone else.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nor has Lord Hall, obviously.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

Shame it being cheaper doesn't make it taste better, innit!

Reply to
Guy King