I need a cunning plan

For the last week I have been woken up by a car blasting its horn as it passes my house at around 6am.

Now on Friday night I stopped at the girlfriends. At 6am on Saturday morning I was woken up by a car blasting its horn as it passed her house!

Coincidence. I doubted it.

A quick look on my CCTV shows the same car that blasts it horn when it passes my house not blasting its horn on Saturday morning (probably because my van was not there but parked outside the girlfriends house) and because I have good audio on the CCTV I can hear it blast the horn as it passes the girlfiend house two streets away (the timing is perfect for this to be correct).

I think I know who is doing this.

My first thought was a DIY spike strip. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Is this an erstwhile close acquaintance of the GF or some disaffected apprentice?

Isn't unnecessary use of the horn a moving traffic offence?

Tempting to wire a latching relay across the horn such that it shorts out the ignition giving you an opportunity for a pyjama clad confrontation:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sound triggered IED?

Reply to
Graham.

Plenty of options if you know who he is & where he lives, but it depends on whether you want satisfying anonymous revenge, or whether you want him to know that you know, and force him to stop. Presumably you know why he's doing it to you specifically?

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

If he gets up in time to annoy you at 6am, drive past his house at 1am & wake him up.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Park your van just down from his house and see if his neighbours like being woken up at 6 am? Rig up a repeater/amplifier on your van so that when he blasts his horn, EVERYBODY hears it, and gets annoyed at him?

Reply to
Davey

Arrange for all his tyres to be let down late the night before, leaving an anon note saying you fancied a lie in?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Squirty foam under the bonnet.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

For the last week I have been woken up by a car blasting its horn as it passes my house at around 6am.

Now on Friday night I stopped at the girlfriends. At 6am on Saturday morning I was woken up by a car blasting its horn as it passed her house!

Coincidence. I doubted it.

A quick look on my CCTV shows the same car that blasts it horn when it passes my house not blasting its horn on Saturday morning (probably because my van was not there but parked outside the girlfriends house) and because I have good audio on the CCTV I can hear it blast the horn as it passes the girlfiend house two streets away (the timing is perfect for this to be correct).

I think I know who is doing this.

My first thought was a DIY spike strip. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Expanding foam well inside the exhaust pipe the night before is always a good opening shot.

So I have heard :-)

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com used his keyboard to write :

A bannana pushed up the exhuast (of the car, that is).

A local house which regulalrly had a visitor stop at all hours of the day and night to blast their horn, I remedied by giving them a blast on mine as I passsed the house at irregular hours.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Andrew Mawson:-

I fear brother Adam's relationship with "de law" may not be conducive to that suggestion ...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Typical. And the answer is obvious from your thoughts.

Stop upsetting people, you stupid prick.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

If you know wait for their van /car to be outside and squirt crazy foam all over it? I'm assuming you do not really want to annoy them too much, just point out they are bing childish?

If you know who it is, get your neighbours to go around there...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

A week is not long enough. Wait until he's been at it for a month. Chances are if you don't react he'll get fed up before then and desist. Bear in mind that he could be attempting to provoke you into breaking the law. Don't let him succeed. If it continues video it many times (time and date stamped) and tell the cops. What he's doing is illegal in several different ways.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Or a carrot/potatoe.

Reply to
harryagain

En el artículo , The Medway Handyman escribió:

Pretty sure bampots like the one Adam described sleep very little.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com escribió:

s/under the bonnet/up the exhaust/

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Good advice IMHO. Plus ask your neighbours if they have been distrubed by the horn at 6 a.m. If they have, give them the details of the offender and invite them to complain to police if he continues to be a nuisance. The police cannot then so easily dismiss it as just tit for tat between two of [Her Majesty's subjects].

Reply to
Robin

Graham.