I'm casting for a brand new home renovation series for a major UK Broadcaster

Hi there,

My names Rhys and I'm casting producer over at PI Productions which is run by the people that brought you shows such as MasterChef and Grand designs.

I wanted to bring to you attention that we are casting for a brand new home renovation TV series and I wanted to see if this is something you, your friends, family or even your colleagues might be interested in.

If this is something either yourself or someone you know might be interested in finding more information about it, do get in touch.

Reply to
RhysTowse

Since you appear to be posting via homeownershub, expect answers when Ch4 no longer exists.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

replying to RhysTowse, Harryagain wrote: I have a DIY constructed "Passive House". The house is primarily heated by the sun and rejected heat from domestic appliances, eg refrigerator, TVs etc.. We generate about four times as much electricity as we use.with solar PV panels. We have a small wood burning stove and grow our own firewood and vegetables. We compost all "green waste" The house has massive insulation, insulated shutters and doors, quadruple glazing and high thermal mass. We have a conservatory that gathers solar heat. I have an electric car that is mostly powered by free solar electricity. You ban be green and save a lot of money too.

Reply to
Harryagain

Most have hoe moaners club blocked so won't see your message.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Posting from or via Homeowner's Hub is not going to enhance your credibility at all. If you had hoped to be taken seriously, that is.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

How?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

After some free laminate and a free paint job then are you then?

Well if you get his details let me know:-)

I'll not say no.

Reply to
ARW

First mistake going to Home Owners Club. My god what sort of people will they end up with? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

It has at least two typos in it, which I'd have thought might not be a good way to impress anyone. I'm not sure if Rees is looking for mugs to get their homes turned over, sorry improved, or whether he is looking for traders to do jobs. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

They will be looking for people with half a million in their back pocket to pay for the renovations.

Those with £10 to £20k to pay for renovations appear on daytime property auction programmes.

Reply to
alan_m

The kind of people they are looking for? You erroneously assume that they a looking for someone with DIY competence.

Reply to
alan_m

What he means is that he spent loads of money and it won't have paid for its self in money terms for decades. It will probably never pay for itself in terms of saving CO2.

He also has a very polluting wood burner like the government wants to get rid of.

He has been on TV before and is just after some more cash.

Ask him about his second car that he uses when there isn't enough range on his electric car.

Reply to
invalid

The main issue is that the OP is unlikely to be back here to read anything. I don't know the details of Harry's place but superinsulation can make sense. PV less so. Firewood is alright if you want to keep fit and have nothing better to do, but relying on it isn't so great, everyone gets ill at some point.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Best to ask these programme researchers how much they are willing to pay for your services since they will be earning from this sort of prog. But they rely on the vanity of the applicants.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed, the pay is such that they only get wallies. Then complain they can't get anyone.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Think they may look out for wallies. Perish the thought that the prog would only be about its subject. Every one will have someone with cancer and someone who is pregnant. Maybe even at the same time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

:-)

Reply to
ARW

I don't know the details of Harry's place

It was on TV, I cannot remember the programme, but ISTR 4 people visited each others houses and were filmed looking around the houses to see what they thought of them and then voted on which was the best house.

harry raided the knicker drawer in one of the women's houses.

Reply to
ARW

ITV have broken their old itvplayer URLs

Andy Burns

Most likely black as well.

Bill

Reply to