I LOVE THERMAL MASS

Hands up those that do not have a thermometer and just opened the back windows when they got in from work to "let some air in"?

Reply to
ARW

My hoouse stat tells nme inside tem[ps and I have a mercutry termotere as part of a vinateg barometer

Outsode I use lakenheath, mildenhall or Cambridge airfields via th linux weather app to see whats what

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

not really, you can fit an extractor fan instead of leaving windows open.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My outside thermometer hit 39c yesterday.

Not that it matters its only slightly hotter than 16 years ago when the last highest ever temperature was set.

So there has been no significant increase in UK temps for at least 16 years.

Somehow I expect harry to ignore that.

Reply to
dennis

Your usual shit-fer-brains bollix.

harry

Money, money, money the only thing that matters to greens like harry.

He doesn't save CO2 from his solar panels he just gets about 60p a unit in FIT payments.

He has zero heating bills because he burns dirty smoky logs.

He only uses his car at night because its on charge when its sunny.

Reply to
dennis
<snip>

It's probably the vault. It's good to see you are storing the money you steal off all of us via the FIT theft safely, for when the revolution comes and you will share it back out.

Your 'thermal mass' might then double up as your panic room!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m
<snip>

I'm not sure our local Council would like us blocking the road. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Not nuclear powered? So only works when the sun shines? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

deciduous.. no leaves in winter

you need some bloody big eves overhangs to shade much of a house, several meters on mine. It would be easier to fit shutters like they do in sunny countries.

Reply to
dennis

So drawing the hotter external air into the house, yes that'll really cool it down...

To keep a house as cool as possible shut the windows and draw the curtains on the south ish facing sides. If it cools down enough outside in the evening/over night open windows and open the curtians on the north ish facing sides.

The thermal mass here also did it's stuff, inside only got to the very low 20's C with it pushing 30 C outside.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The windows don't need to be wide open, The locked a jar position is enough for accessable windows. On the safety hook for higher ones.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Houses vary. Some should be opened to cool them during a heatwave, some retain more coolth and are best shut. But all masonry houses can cool down at night from good ventilation, thus reducing day temp.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You must be further north. It was over 35C here for sure. And I was in the mid 20s inside

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And cover it with stone cladding and call it the 1970s again

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Or leave it bare and call it the 1950s, or make sure it is imnpossibly angular for that art deco look

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Polish it shirley?

Reply to
dennis

Do the people who fitted stome cladding have the last laugh ?.

It added an extra layer of windchill protection and if facing south, protection from driving rain and summer sun.

Reply to
Andrew

Not inside yer living room

Reply to