I got my kitchen unit level ...

... but then realised that I'd need a 170 mm plinth to fill in the gap where I'd wound all the legs out to max and stood them on planks.

Never mind, 4 hours before I might want to eat something.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Takeaway?

Reply to
ARW

Had to take them all out anyway - forgot to put the hot water pipe to the sink in ;-(

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Arrrghh....

Reply to
Tim Watts

There is nothing wrong with doing that.

Reply to
ARW

When I replumbed the house I deliberately didn't connect to the taps on the bath. I hadn't used them in years and it's a good excuse not to do any washing up.

Reply to
PeterC

In message , PeterC writes

You do your washing up in the bath? Where do you keep the coal?

Reply to
Graeme

This sounds like the inverse of the trying to make a four legged stool not wobble. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You know what in my kitchen there is no such thing as level, as whoever built the house had a new way of defining straight. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I can touch my kitchen ceiling at on end of the kitchen when stood on my toes, at the other end of the kitchen I need to stand on something to touch the ceiling.

Reply to
ARW

Sheet of paper?

Reply to
JoeJoe

toes of an apprentice?

I've realised I have to bring the wall units down lower than I intended otherwise they'll smash the ceiling lights every time I open the door.

I can see why people pay professionals to make mistakes for them.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Nah - swimming pool in the kitchen - a bit like the one in the Sun last year - only Adam's has got a deep end and a shallow end.

Reply to
Robin

Speaking of which is anybody watching Climbing the Property Ladder on 5?

The sheer ineptitude of some of the participants is worrying.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I think that's rather the point of the programme.

Reply to
Max Demian

Is the gap above standard plinth visible? The toe space overhang hides a multitude of sins...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

... and then I was preparing the taps for fitting in the sink.

Dropped one.

It landed pipe end down and punched a neat circular hole in the new floor.

Never mind, I can probably put a mat over that bit.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog