I dropped a gooly

Hi Jim,

I've just made exactly the same mistake!

Can you help me? How did constructing your own power supply go?

Harry

Reply to
hedelsten

Have you looked it up on the web to see if its just a mains connector or a part of a custom unit sharing a supply with the rest of the stack.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Does it need and Amplifer for the output. It is an audio "separate" isn't it?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

It seems it needs 12.5AC-0-12.5VAC so no power supply - just a centre tapped transformer.

From the original thread several years ago a correspondent Lee wrote (referring to the service manual for the matching amplifier and power supply) -

"On page 8 of the pdf (actually page 9 of the document) there is a block which says section B Input/Output terminal, just to the right of this it says "Tape power supply" and show pins 1,2 and 3 with legend a,b and c concatenated into one line. (Area F or G 15 on the diagram grid)

If you follow this single line across the document to pdf page 10 (document page 13) the single line again becomes "a,b,c" at the main transformer (pins 3,4,5) which shows 12.5v across each half of the centre tap. (Just above and to the left of the page number -13-)

So as long as I'm reading it correctly you should just need a simple

12v-0v-12v transformer. Of course you are going to have to guess at a current rating, because there is no indication of that in the document. "

The service manual being referred to is at

Peter Parry