I beams for shed roof

Hi all,

I'm thinking of using timber I beams for my new shed roof (in place of solid timbers). A couple of questions:

[1] Are there any problems with using these in a shed environment, where they won't be exposed to weather, but will be subject to higher humidity than they would be in a house. [2] I can't find any span tables for I beams - I need to span 6m, only end supports, and only a box profile roof at 6 degrees. Any idea where I can find a suitable table?

TIA

Reply to
Grunff

See this web site:

are very light and very strong. T&P now do them.

Reply to
IMM

Look at the T&P website.

Reply to
IMM

Can you buy them "off the shelf" now ? Last time i asked, I got the whistle through the teeth and "Oh no, we have to do all the necessary calculations for you"

Steve

Reply to
Steve