Huge O ring required...

All, Using cycle rollers, I managed to break the rubber drive belt. (actually mabe not rubber, but certainly 'rubbery')

(like:

only mine are the cheap, unbranded version!)

So... does anyone know of a stockist for replacement enormous rubbery bands. 6-7mm diameter (circular x section), 1920 m long untensioned (ie circumference - or length, now that its split)

In its 'mounted' state it should be 2185 mm long.

I'm going to start calling round bike shops in the am, but if anyone has suggestions for sources, I'd appreciate it...

thanks, M

Reply to
m__murray

============= Try here:

bit expensive I think!

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

These may be able to help,

on Products then on O-Rings.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

?action=page&id=3

Rob Morley

Maybe it's worth considering glueing the ends together with superglue, or doing a hot weld job with a knife blade!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Parker don't have them, and don't know if they exist as spares. Polite, but not much help.

Fisher (contacted following link from tacx.nl website) were very keen to help, and looked up tech manuals to try to find length of tacx band, but failed. I was impressed with their efforts though.

Skiffy, I didn't call, as I really don't want to spend hundreds of pounds on a continuous roll welder thingie. Nice website though.

Finally, and most impressively, POLYMAX. These guys spent about a half hour on the phone to me (with a call back, so they won't get much profit out of me!). They have a minimum order of £7.50 (I thought maybe he meant £750), and have HUGE, HUGE O rings. They're due to ring me back tomorrow with final prices but look like they'll have what I want for about £3 ! - result. thanks to all, but particularly John.

Another success for uk.d-i-y ! M.

Reply to
Michael Murray

You're right, a 1920m circumference O-ring is huge! Thats over half a kilometre across. At only 7mm thick, I'm not surprised you managed to break, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Christian,

Thanks for your constructive assistance with the SI units. True, a 2km O Ring could be safely classed as huge.

M.

BTW: I'm not sure that "At only 7mm thick, I'm not surprised you managed to break, though." is a sentence. If you want to be a pedant, please be more clear. I'm not 7mm thick, and it wasn't me wot broke.

Reply to
Michael Murray