HSS sander consumables

I'm about to hire an HSS 8" drum sander, + edge (disc) sander, to sand a number of floors.

Are the sanding sheets/discs needed (incl 24 grit) standard, generally available items or do I _have_ to purchase the (I'd guess expensive) consumables from HSS?. If no-one can answer I'll get hold of some tomorrow and assess!.

BTW I've read adverse comments about disc edge sanders in previous posts but I'll try for a day and see what happens.

Egremont

Reply to
Egremont

... Sorry Hire Center actually, not HSS - if that makes much difference.

Egremont.

Reply to
Egremont

... something like Screwfix #59056, hopefully.

Reply to
Egremont

It will make a difference to the price, HSS are probably the most expensive hire outlet - look in Yellow Pages and ring round for prices.

Most hire shops will give you belts & discs on sale or return, so you only pay for what you use - you settle up when you take the kit back.

Phone round to check the prices not just for hire, but for abrasive costs.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I called into the shop and booked the kit. Their sanding sheets certainly look like the Screwfix £9.99-for-10 ones, 24 grit Screwfix ones are about

1/3 cheaper (maybe more depending on VAT), anyway I'll get some of each and see how I get on.

As I have old black varnish to deal with any quality difference may not count for much if they're just going to gunge up anyway.

Egremont.[aka Scrooge in disguise]

Reply to
Egremont