How to wall mount glass

I want to mount a piece of glass flush to a wall ... has a parchment behind it, I don't want to use a frame ... just the 430 x 380 piece of 2mm glass

There are no holes in glass and don't really want to drill for mirror screws ... I thought about the corner mounts they use for mirrors .. but these are for 5mm or so thick glass and don't suit the 2mm.

I was hoping there would be some small neat acrylic block or similar for mounting glass ... but have so far failed to find anything ... anybody any clues or leads ?

Tried B&Q, art shops & framing outlets with no success.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

You have a piece of picture glass and I certainly would not attempt to mount that outside a frame

Reply to
EricP

This is providing the walls is of a sound backing ie the plaster does not crumble?

6 x 1" panel pin nails driven into the wall at strategic points around the glass.

If successful you would hardly see them.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Take a look at

Me here

I wouldn't have a piece of glass that size that thin, but anyway...

Get a "sticky pad" (foamy double sided sticky tape), wrap it round the glass and slide the glass+pad into the bracket. If you cut the pad to size first it should all be concealed by the bracket, and will provide some resiliency to the mounting.

This is how the handles on the glass doors of my Argos hi-fi tower (in the 1980s) were held on. I don't know how reliable the fixing would be long term but the handles outlasted the castors :-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The wall is not plasterboard ... it is Fermacell, so solid, sound and flat ... nailing is not an option ... nails would simply bend. But I guess I could pre-drill with0.5mm or similar and then pin ... good tip thanks

Reply to
Osprey