how to remove slate tiles

We have a large area of floor, about 40m2 covered with slate floor tiles about 40cm x 60cm. We would like to remove these so that we can replace with a part wooden/ part slate floor. We would welcome any ideas/ suggestions about the best way to go about removing these.

Reply to
lebascij

How thick are they? How well stuck down? If they are fairly thick and not particulary well stuck a spade is probably your quickest method. It also depends on what percentage you want to reuse.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

brute force and ignorance, or possibly brick acid will dissolve enough mortar and grout

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher