How to remove Golf Mk 5 central fascia - (Was Sticking phone on dashboard)

Hi

I'm trying to fix a carphone kit on my new Mark 5 Golf - using a dashmount console bracket, recommended on here, that requires me to remove the central facia around the radio/cd.

Can anyone help me...I have managed to remove the top ventilation grille, the three torx screws that hold the airflow housing assembly in place and the top part of the facia will now move upwards slightly.

However something seems to be holding it to the bottom half of the central facia, just about the radio. I cannot see any kind of screw or clip here and I am loathed to apply force!

The Dashmount supplied instructions dont really help at all.

thanks

Reply to
piloti

Sheesh, some people: should have gone with the little rubber mat I recommended then, eh?? :-)

Seriously - point this post at one of the uk.rec.cars groups; someone there will have the answer even if they don't in uk.d-i-y

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hi

Suggest you have a look or post in the MkV section here:

- Andy

Reply to
Andy

Reply to